I’ve read many amazing books this year! Find all the reviews at my Goodreads page.
- A Time to Dance (YA, MG): About pursuing artistic passion (dance) and losing a limb. My review at Teachers Workshop is here.
- A Wrinkle in Time (YA, MG): About love and hope and interstellar time travel. My review at Teachers Workshop is here.
- Boost: (YA, MG): About tall girls, basketball, drugs, and sibling crazy
- Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead (YA, MG): About friendship and first love
- If You Could Be Mine: (YA) Love between two teen girls in Iran, where it’s forbidden.
- I’ll Give You the Sun: (YA) Twins, first love, being artists, and coming out and speaking up.
- Saints and Misfits (YA): About identity, defining your faith, first love, and assault
- Second Impact (YA): About CTE, small-town football, and intrepid teen journalists.
- The Hate U Give (YA): About losing a friend, police brutality, and interracial love
- The Unraveling of Mercy Louis (YA): About basketball, small towns, sexual awakening, and getting out of Dodge
- Trell by Dick Lehr (YA, MG): About finding the truth: a journalistic thriller led by a strong young woman who wants to free her incarcerated father.
Find even more at my guest post, “9 High Flavor Reads for Your Teen (and You)” at Jennifer Puryear’s Bacon on the Bookshelf blog.
Leave a Reply